Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review of Trader Joe's Snack-O's


Does anyone out there love "Funyuns"? When I was a kid, these were my all time favorite snack. When I was pregnant with my first child and going through morning sickness, they were almost all I could keep down. Pretty wild, I know. Well, Trader Joes has a gluten free, vegan alternative that reminds me of this childhood favorite. In fact, besides being just a little sweeter, I'd say they are just like them. I have half of an eaten bag to prove it. So, if you haven't had them, what do they taste like? They are made from corn meal, so they are light and super uber crunchy, with a sweet onion garlicky flavor. They have no preservatives or artificial flavors. I'm sure they are calorie free (just kidding). My kids adore them. In fact, if my 1 year old sees them he runs over, grabs the bag and carries it around the house. He even puts them in his toy elephant that blows air out the nose if we let him. What can I say? I can't blame him for being an extreme fan. They say they may contain traces of nuts or peanuts. So if you have a severe peanut or tree nut allergy, I'm afraid this is really bad news. I just wanted to warn you before you run out and grab some. They are a far cry from whole foods, but a nice "treat" if you do that sort of thing. If you have a hankering for this old favorite, go to Trader Joe's and for $1.99  you can grab some.  If you are just looking for something new, because you are tired of the same old, same old, these might be a fun addition to your pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment