Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's for Dinner Tonight? Greek Pork Goodness over Rice

As I made this up in a flurry I didn't measure.  However, I ran to my computer right after my family and I declared this a major winner. This is what I would estimate in measurements to the best of my ability!  If it needs a little more flavor, don't hesitate to add a little more oregano, mint, or garlic powder. I am posting this on allergy-free wednesdays here. Check out the other great recipes! I like to serve with with a side of hummus and some corn chips for dipping. If you smear some under the rice so you have a little in with the main dish it is yummy as well!

1 large pork shoulder roast steak cut into stir fry strips
marinade
1 cup pomegranate juice or basalmic vinegar
1 TBS dried Oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 TBS olive oil

Marinade sliced pork in above marinade for 20 minutes.
ingredients you add to pork while it is cooking:
1/2 coarsely chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped mint
2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper

Take the pork out of the marinade when you add it to the wok. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp more of garlic powder, the chopped mint, the chopped onion, salt, pepper, and the dried oregano. Fry in a wok until cooked through and browned.

Meanwhile cook rice.

For the salsa combine:
1/2 a pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 cucumber chopped
the juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 TBS oil like grapeseed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Serve the pork over rice, with the salsa on top. If you can have feta (lucky dog, you!) this would go perfectly sprinkled on it (just a little). We served this with oven roasted cauliflower rolled in olive oil, salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment