Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Easy {Gluten and Dairy Free} French Onion Soup in the Crockpot

Put the following ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.

2 cartons of beef broth (I use GF Pacific brand)
3 white onions sliced
1 cup green onions chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 TBS GF Worcestershire Sauce (if desired)

It is fairly sweet so amping up the salt will help! Thyme would be a nice addition to this soup. Garlic would, too!  My favorite part is toasting some GF bread and melting some Daiya Swiss Cheese on Top! We paired this with grilled steak and a fresh salad. I am posting this at Allergy-free Wednesdays.

3 comments:

  1. I love onions! May have to try this! Sounds easier than other onion soup recipes that are on my back burner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Eileen! If you try it, I hope you like it. :0) It is definitely easy peasy, especially in the crock pot!

      Delete
  2. ooh! I have to try this one- I just stocked up on onions yesterday. I think the onion soup, steak, salad combo would please the whole fam!

    ReplyDelete