Tuesday, September 29, 2015

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Vegan Plum Coffee Cake



Ingredients:
3 TBS grapeseed oil, vegan margarine,  or melted butter
3/4 cup gluten free flour blend  (1/2 brown rice and 1/4 tapioca would be my choice)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk alternative (I would use rice milk)
4 plums
1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar plus 1 TBS for sprinkling.

Directions

Preheat oven to 375.

Put the oil or butter in the baking dish.  Whisk the gluten free flour blend, sugar, xanthan, salt, baking powder and milk alternative until well combined.  Cut two plums into thin slices.  Take the other 2 plums, cut them into slices and put them in the blender with 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar. Blend until it is a puree.  In mine, I put the slices and then the batter and then the puree on top. The next time I do it, I would do the puree on the bottom, the batter on that, with the slices on the very top. Either way works. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar (1 TBS) Cook in a preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.  This works in a 9 x 9 or pie dish. You can double it and use it in a 9 x 13.  I am posting this at Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays and Allergy Free Wednesdays.

2 comments:

  1. oooo! This sounds good! I've never had plum cake before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What I liked about it was the light tang with the sweetness. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete