So I saw this recipe Cooking Gluten Free and really started craving it. What's not to love about a healthy salad bursting with flavor? This is definitely on my to-do list. And I love that her recipes are both gluten and dairy free.
3 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 C Fresh Lime Juice (about 3 limes)
1/3 C Water
2 Tbsp. Oil (I used grapeseed)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Gluten Free Soy Sauce (or soy sauce alternative such as liquid aminos)
1 Tsp. Liquid Smoke
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
1 Canned Chipotle Pepper In Adobe Sauce, seeded and chopped
3/4 C Vegenaise (mayo)
1/3 C SO Delicious Coconut Milk, or preferred milk alternative
1/2 Tsp. Distilled White Vinegar
1/4 C Chopped Fresh Cilantro
2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Canned Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce, seeded and chopped, + 1 1/2 Tsp. Adobo Sauce
1/4 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
2 Frozen Ears Of Corn
Salt and Pepper
1 Tsp. Earth Balance Butter, melted
8 Cups Lettuce Of Choice
1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
1 Small Avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 Small Red Onion, peeled thinly sliced
1 15-oz. Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Tortilla Chips, for garnish
1. Cut the chicken into strips and place in a large baggie. Add all of the marinade ingredients and place in fridge at least 30 minutes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Cover and place in fridge so flavors can mesh.
3. Place 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet and heat over medium heat.
4. Use tongs to transfer chicken to skillet, shaking off excess liquid.
5. Cook for 5 -7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
6. Cover corn with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and cover. Boil 7 - 8 minutes, or until tender.
7. When corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slice kernels off the cob and place in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Then, stir in the butter.
8. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
9. Place lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, onion, corn, and black beans in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Serve with chipotle dressing and tortilla chips.