Wednesday, January 18, 2017

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Frozen Donuts

What gluten ridden item do I miss the most since going gluten-free? Donuts. Wonderful, totally-bad -for-you, but-unbelievably-yummy, donuts. I have enjoyed making some from time to time with Annalise G Roberts cookbook "Gluten Free Baking Classics".  But this frozen donut discovery is a little slice of heaven. Kinnikinnick (try to say that 5 times fast) has come out with some doughnuts that I really enjoy. They are gluten, dairy, and soy free. However, they do have EGG in them. So, I can only have them on a rare occasion. They also contain sugar. I have had the maple and chocolate ones, which were like real cake donuts. The real deal. They have the texture just right, and are fantastic! They come in packs of 8 and can be found at most health food stores. If you can't have egg, try the recipe in the cookbook I mentioned above! You have to fry them (I use rice oil) which is a bit of an adventure, but worth every minute of labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment