Monday, April 5, 2021

What's For Dinner Tonight?{Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free} French Dips and Caesar Salad

When I was a child, my favorite thing to order at a restaurant was a French Dip sandwich. Since changing my diet I have tried so many different ways of making an Au Jus dipping sauce that is gluten and soy free without real success. It is always too different. On Sunday, I had a hankering for French Dips and a Caesar Salad. My inspiration involved a new idea to try for the Au Jus. My husband and I couldn't believe how close it was!  I am thrilled to have these back in my life! I am posting this at
Au Jus Dipping Sauce:
1 Quart Gluten Free Pacific Beef Broth
1 TBS onion powder
1  tsp salt
1 TBS GF Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste

1lb Roast beef

Gluten Free bread of choice (I made my own by not stirring in the cinnamon and sugar part of this recipe to make a french bread) This would be great with Canyon Bakehouse buns.

Put the ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes on low. I added my roast beef to the saucepan to heat it up as well.  Next time I would leave the meat cold, but this is a personal preference. We paired this with my Vegan Caesar Salad.


2 comments: