Saturday, June 2, 2012

Update!

sheep cream cheese pasta
So the farmers market was fabulous. Unfortunately, I remembered the name of the farm that sells this cheese incorrectly. "Sky Valley" is it's name.  This time of year they only sell Black Sheep Creamery's cream cheese and yogurt, but she said there should be hard cheeses available by the end of this month.  They had a dill and garlic cream cheese, a tomato and basil cream cheese, plain cream cheese and yogurt. The yogurt is unsweetened, so it could be used as sour cream as well. There were samples, so even though I left my fistfuls of cash at home, I was able to try the lot. It was still hard to choose as they all tasted so good. I opted for tomato and basil cream cheese. The damage? 4oz for $4.50. It was delightful.  Just like I remember cow's milk cream cheese tasting like when flavors were added.  You would be proud of me. That's all I bought. I combined it with some fresh basil, olive oil, salt, pepper and rice milk to make a cream sauce to pour over pasta and grilled chicken for dinner. So far, I don't seem to have a reaction. This could be revolutionary! I hope you all have a chance to try it. If I could give you all a sample somehow, this adventure would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment