Monday, March 5, 2012

So, What Can I Eat Now?!: Living Without Dairy, Soy, Eggs, and Wheat (Cookbook)

This is an interesting cookbook I just saw here.  It costs about $10. The writer is from Louisiana and has ideas for multiple food allergies including, soy, dairy, egg, and gluten. Here is what a review said,

"I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance in December 2009. Over the last year, I've struggled to find recipes that wouldn't make me physically sick and send guests running from my house vowing to never return again for a meal. I'm not a cook and relied more than I should have on processed foods. The hardest thing for me has been finding gluten-free foods that please my palette.

Enter, "So, What Can I Eat Now?"

I had the pleasure of sampling Rhonda's food at the Phoenix Farmer's Market and I was sold. The food has flavor! After speaking with the author, I learned she was from Louisiana -- the culinary capital of the world as far as I'm concerned! Rhonda's recipes are not overwhelming to a novice cook, but bursting with flavor. It's introduced me to herbs and seasonings I'd never heard of, much less had in my cabinet.

I tried a couple of recipes before inviting friends over and was pleasantly surprised! From oven fried chicken to pea pesto & rice to apple cinnamon mini muffins to one of my favorites - twisted hummus, everything has been a hit.

If you have food allergies or just want to try a healthier diet that includes more whole foods, this book is a must have for your shelves."

2 comments:

  1. I am going directly to Amazon to buy this. Guess what? Just found out E is allergic to Diary, Wheat, Soy, Eggs and Nuts. Poor kid can have rice and water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! That stinks. I can't have any of those, so almost everything on here should relate to him. If you have any questions, or need any specific help, please let me know! The substitute section might come in handy. I can cook most things by using the substitutes. I'm here if you need help!

    ReplyDelete