Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How to Use Coconut Milk



photo from godairyfree.org
One of my favorite cookbook authors put together this amazing post on how to use coconut milk. Some of my personal favorite ways to use it are in thai coconut curry, in ice cream or as whipped cream. It's so creamy and so versatile! I had a lot to learn from her post. She goes through brands she recommends, ratios on how to use it, and even has a number of amazing recipes to choose from. Go here to check it out!

I recently discovered Trader Joe's coconut cream in a can. After I refrigerated it and opened it, I discovered it 2/3 full of cream instead of the 1/3 in a normal can of coconut milk. This is incredible! We are talking a lot of whipped cream comes out of that one can. I don't even add sugar but you can add a little powdered sugar for added sweetness. I took ordinary brownies, topped them with this whipped cream and decorated it with banana, peach, and strawberry slices (with a couple of raspberries in the middle). It made a fun birthday treat for my dad. Truly a can of coconut milk can transform something ordinary into something special. Check out my links (above) for thai coconut curry in the crockpot, dairy-free pumpkin ice cream and whipping cream with coconut milk for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment