Friday, January 31, 2014

Two Dairy Free Smoothies {with Jamba Juice Copy Cat}

I love a good smoothie. I always have. Even when I was a kid and would have slumber parties, I remember cracking out the blender and making smoothies in the morning. My ingredients have changed over the years. Yesterday, this is what I threw in:
Bananas
Blueberries
Raspberries
Coconut milk
Apple Juice
Ice

It is great in any combination. I did about half and half with the liquids.

On a side note: I have been buying a lot of bananas lately. They are generally inexpensive per pound compared to other fruits and add creaminess to ice cream and smoothies. I would venture to say almost every smoothie I make has a banana thrown in there somewhere. My kids love them, and if they get too ripe I just peel off the peels and throw them in a gallon size ziploc in the freezer. This means smoothies can happen any time!

The only smoothie I make without bananas is this one.  A Pomegranate Paradise. My recipe for a pomegranate paradise copy cat of Jamba Juice involves 1/2 cup of each of the following ingredients
peaches
strawberries
mangos
ice
water
pomegranate juice

No comments:

Post a Comment