Monday, September 12, 2016

What's For Dinner Tonight? {Gluten and Soy Free} Thai Beef Stir Fry




I am a pushover for anything Thai.  If I was stuck on a dessert island and had to have one type of food for the rest of my life, this is what I would pick. I have a thai cookbook and have been adapting those recipes to be gluten free for years.  Tonight I was kicking around in the kitchen trying to use up some things I got from a farmer's market and came up with this Thai sauce that is a combo of ingredients I have used in such recipes. We were pleasantly surprised, and my husband insisted I write it down. You can add a little corn starch mixed in water to this if you want the sauce to stick. I like mine to run down and pool in my rice. I am posting this at Allergy-free Wednesdays.

Sauce:
3 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS fish sauce
4 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 TBS chopped ginger
3 TBS mirin
3 TBS coconut aminos (for soy free) or GF tamari sauce (if you can have soy)
sesame or olive oil

l pound Steak sliced thinly

Veggies:
1/2 red pepper sliced
6 mushrooms sliced
1 cup snap peas
2 carrots sliced
2 cups chopped napa cabbage
1 sliced yellow pepper sliced
5 green onions chopped
1/2 small red onion sliced



Slice the steak and fry in a wok or frying pan until almost cooked through. Add the sauce ingredients and let simmer for 5 minutes or so.

Meanwhile,
chop and slice the veggies. Remove the meat and sauce from the wok and put in a bowl. Add oil to the wok and fry the veggies until cooked, but slightly crisp. Add the meat and veggies back in.  Serve over basmati or jasmine rice.  We top this with red pepper flakes or a Taste of Thai sweet chili sauce.







No comments:

Post a Comment