Tuesday, December 6, 2016

{Refined Sugar Free} Paleo Basalmic Raspberry Rhubarb Jam



If I were to give out another Addictive Blog Award (and why not, they are free and fun)  I would give it to Gluten Free Vegan Love.   A lot of her recipes are Paleo which is great. They make me wish I could eat nuts, which I sadly can't. However, I still love to peruse her blog, and get tons of inspiration.  So, Gluten Free Vegan Love, thank you for your wonderful blog, and for making gluten free look so stinkin' delicious!

Without further ado. . . here is one of Gluten Free Vegan Love's recipes.  This would make a tremendously fun Christmas gift!
photo from Gluten Free Vegan Love

Vegan Paleo Balsamic Raspberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe:

*Makes 1 jar of jam (as pictured)
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups chopped rhubarb (I used frozen)
  • 1 cup raspberries (I used wild)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup (or another liquid sweetener of your choice)
  • juice of 1 lemon (or roughly 3-4 tbsp lemon juice)
  • 1 stick of cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tsp agar agar flakes
Directions:
1. Place all ingredients except balsamic vinegar and agar agar in a sauce pan (I used a cast iron pot) and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Once the 15 minutes are up, add in the balsamic vinegar, stir, and allow the jam to continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the agar agar flakes until they are dissolved. Discard the cinnamon stick. Remove the jam from heat and transfer into a glass jar. Allow the jam to cool down to room temperature, then store in the fridge and use within a week or freeze for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment