Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gluten and Dairy Free Chili Lime Corn on the Cob

Oh, yum!  Before you retire your BBQ at the end of this gorgeous summer, may I suggest you try making these on the grill? Wow!  Thanks to Driftwood-Gardens for this great idea!
photo from Driftwood-gardens.com

  • 6 ears of corn
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 4 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • cilantro, coarsely chopped – about 1/3 cup
  • salt to taste
Corn is the easiest thing in the world to cook.  You literally cannot mess it up.  You can grill it with the silk removed and the husk left on, or you can just boil it for a few minutes on your stove top.  I usually make mine on the stove.
I cut my ears into thirds, covered them with water and heated to boiling, then boiled them for about 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl I combined the coconut oil, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder.  Mix together until all ingredients are combined.  Once corn is finished cooking I removed it from the pot with tongs and added it to the mixing bowl.  I mixed my cobs in the flavor mixture until each one was coated with the seasoning on all sides.
Plate corn, sprinkle with salt to taste and chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment