Tuesday, November 4, 2014

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Filipino Chicken Adobo

A few years ago someone graciously awarded me the "addictive blog award". If I could give out this award (and hey, since this is an ambiguous internet award, why can't I?) one of the blogs I would give it to is this one: What the Fork Food Blog. This gal's pictures make my mouth water. They are typically gluten-free or it shows how to make them gluten free.   If I could somehow get her to come to my house and cook food for me, I would. Yes. It looks that good!
What the Fork Food Blog has this amazing Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe. Check it out! I'd be sure to use Tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or Coconut Aminos (soy free) instead of regular soy sauce.

photo from What the Fork Food Blog

FILIPINO CHICKEN ADOBO
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
Author: 
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Filipino
Serves: Serves 4-6
INGREDIENTS
  • 3-4 lb chicken pieces (drumsticks and thighs)
  • ½ C soy sauce (see notes for gluten-free suggestion)
  • ¾ C white vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 Tbsp whole peppercorns
Get $3 Off Probiotic PearlsÂȘ For Digestion
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Place chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken periodically in the cooking liquid.
  2. Remove the chicken from the pot and grill or broil for about 5 minutes.
  3. Serve with jasmine rice and stir-fried vegetables.
NOTES
Be sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce if following a gluten-free diet. I use San-J Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce or La Choy soy sauce which is now labeled gluten-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment