Monday, July 13, 2015

Review of Trader Joes Gluten Free Brownies

I love me some Trader Joes. I decided to give you my two cents about their chocolate brownies. These brownies are gluten free, soy free, dairy free, egg free (if you use egg replacer), and nut free. They are not sugar free.  I found them delicious, but a bit greasy. My suggestion would be subbing half of the oil for unsweetened applesauce. I have done this with regular cake mixes for my kids and they actually turn out more moist than normal.  All you do is add 3 ingredients and throw them in the oven. I saw one person who reviewed these and didn't like them. Someone else served them to  people who do not eat gluten free and they didn't even notice. I'd say, for something this easy, I wouldn't complain. But if I wanted something a little more like the real deal, I'd probably make one from a cookbook I trust. For a quick treat, these definitely get the job done.

We served it with coconut whipped cream (see my blog here for directions), bananas, and strawberry sauce. The combo was amazing.

2 comments:

  1. These would be perfect for when we're traveling and I want to whip up a quick and easy-but special allergy friendly dessert!

    ReplyDelete