Monday, August 18, 2014

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Better Than "Anything" Cake

My husband came home from work raving about a cake. This is on my to do list!  He told me the name of it (my title is the G version) and I looked it up. I found recipes to splice together to make it into a gluten and dairy free version.  (see links for recipes). It will probably take an insane amount of time to make since you have to make each part from scratch. But figuring out how to make Heath bars and a believable caramel sauce will be fun in themselves. I may need to double those recipes to have some extra for later. This would be perfect for a really special occasion. When I finally get around to making it, I will post pictures!

INGREDIENTS:

1 Chocolate Cake (I would use soy-free Vegenaise for mayo)
1 (14-ounce) can coconut  milk
12 oz Vegan Caramel Sauce
Whipped Cream
½-1 cup Heath toffee bits
photo from forkandbeans.com

DIRECTIONS:

1. Bake the cake according to the directions.
2. Remove the cake from the oven and immediately poke holes all over the top using either the bottom of a wooden spoon, a skewer or a fork.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut milk and caramel sauce, then slowly drizzle the mixture all over the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Spread the Whipping Cream over the top of the cake, top with the Heath toffee bits and refrigerate again for 1 hour. Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.

1 comment: